Minimal mistakes is a great Jekyll theme. Perfect for building personal sites, blogs, and portfolios.
I started this blog last year. I posted a few items, but was never really engaged with the process. One aspect was the original style and colour-scheme. I never really liked it.
Migrating was relatively simple:
- Downloaded the Minimal Mistakes Starter.
- Expanded the starter into my project (I did not clone the template as I already had a repository - instead kept duplicate files for now).
- Removed existing theme’s
- Moved and updated core pages (404 and about).
- Merged index.html files.
- Moved images to new location under assets.
- Updated the front matter and image references in each post for the theme.
Hopefully you like it!